Senior Project Manager - Tenant Work
Alfonso & Associates Consulting, Inc. - Bethesda, MD
Alfonso & Associates seeks a Senior Project Manager (PM) for a large multi-tenant consolidation project located in the National Capital Region (NCR).
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide high-level briefings regarding project oversight and decision making to Client’s leadership and “Swim Lane Captains.”
- Provide subject matter expertise and leadership for the successful delivery of complex multi-disciplined design and construction project in leased facilities.
- Inspect and conduct analysis of the site(s) during all phases of the project. Provide weekly executive score cards to include client’s coordination issues, safety issues, and QA/QC issues.
- Attend all construction-related meetings with the landlord and landlord’s consultants to assure compliance with the client agency requirements, schedule, cost, and lease arrangements.
- In the event the landlord controls design and construction activities, represent Client Agency’s best interest during the landlord’s design, engineering, and construction activities.
- Provide analysis services of the integrated project schedule. Ensure schedule is used at all project meetings to evaluate the current state of the project, plan future activities, and evaluate the progress.
- Produce draft correspondence and letters on behalf of Government interests.
- Ensure pertinent documents and correspondence (including emails) are documented and managed in an electronic file system.
- Ensure lease compliance.
- Control project costs and expenditures and review and approve payment applications and change requests as a condition of acceptance throughout the course of construction.
- Observe the work in progress to evaluate quality and monitor performance and appropriate coordination between the design consultant, engineering consultants and contractors on all TI construction and the Security Contract.
- Attend and conduct regularly scheduled progress meetings.
- Monitor the general contractor/construction manager and landlord for adherence to the project schedule and document delays, disputes, and related issues to establish responsibility.
- Provide weekly progress reports including progress photos.
- Coordinate the submission of Client Agency sign-offs, as-built documents, operating manuals, instructions, warranties, final lien waiver releases, and related project documents to ensure a timely close out of the project.
- Coordinate the creation and resolution of corrective deficiency lists.
- Prepare risk assessment reports and lead risk management efforts to minimize exposure to penalties and unnecessary expenditures.
- Ensure that the Punch List is thorough and timely issued and is in compliance with the specs and drawings for TI work.
- Ensure that all closeout documentation required by contract is submitted on a timely basis from contractors and professionals.
- Review and forward all final requisitions for payment to the Client, after determining that all contractual documents have been fully met.
- Bachelor's degree
- 15+ years of relevant experience
- 10+ years project management experience
- Proven track record of commercial construction project management experience. Previous experience with large GSA leased TI projects a must.
- Construction Management Association of America Certification (CMC) preferred.
- Extensive working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.